Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wesley's Letter 9-29-12

Hey Famers,

This weeks been pretty Chili’s-baby back ribs! I do have to say we’ve had our ups and downs, but the good news is that we do have a baptism planned for tonight at 8:30, for an investigator named Irma, who yesterday was convinced that she was going to wait a few more weeks before getting baptized. But after giving her a blessing, she just basically asked us what time it was going to be and we told her whenever she liked. She told us “After the Relief Society Conference” so that’s when we're having it. Right now while writing this letter I’m making a baptismal CD for everyone to watch while we're waiting.

I’m sorry my letters have been more boring lately but honestly just with the stress of being a secretary I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty exhausted, like all of the time haha. So, me being here in the offices with a white comp has literally murdered my Spanish, but I know if I get a native comp again and I am back in the field, everything will come back quick.

I don’t remember if I told you guys or not but for about the last 2 months the Mexico Distribution Center has stopped getting supplies, so there by we have also stopped getting supplies. But yeah man, it’s crazy how fast time goes here in the offices, the days literally mesh together and before you know it it’s already a week later.

Yeah, I’m super psyched to see Joshy when he comes walking through the office doors. I’ll be the one buying his new hammock for him and everything for when he gets here.

So a lot of things really do happen here I just always forget because it’s hard to remember sooooooooo much.

Alright, so last night while we were teaching a lady, we had all intentions to drop because we had literally tried everything with her, but she never went to church or read her book of Mormon. So we took out the "Be Blunt Guns" and told what’s what, (that she really needed to start to put in a real effort if she really wants to be baptized). Then the Spirit told us to give her a blessing and honestly as I said the words I didn’t feel that they were super awesome, but as I finished it up I saw that she was crying, but with a smile on her face, and it was because the words I had spoken not were meant for me, but instead were precisely what she needed to hear. I remembered a verse in Doctrine and Covenants 84:20. Go look it up and it’ll make sense why it was that a blessing was what changed everything.

Much Love,
Smitty Out

Ps I’m sorry I sent like 18 pics but the server failed so I just had to copy and paste all this again to one email, sorry pics next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment