Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wesley's Letter 3-11-12

Hey sup?

So this week’s been a pretty big awesome success story! We found about 4 families that all say they want to devote themselves more to God and want to change religions, so we’ll see how that goes. We should see a baptism this week that I wasn’t expecting at all. There’s a girl we’ve been teaching that went for her third time to church this week and she kind of had an attitude that she just saw us as another church. But this week we asked her about baptism and she actually said she wants to be, but she’ll think about it.

Actually I have a really awesome story this week. So the guy we’ve been teaching that’s been having all these dreams, well this week we committed him to a baptismal date but unfortunately he’s leaving for Guatemala for 2 weeks, then in about a month he’s going to the United States. But not for coincidence he has a sister that lives in Encinitas, where he would also be staying for about a year as he works. So, I might have a referral for dad and the missionaries in the Spanish branch. How would you guys like to see a baptism of one of the people I taught in my mission? Well this might be your chance, his name is Artemio and I’ll send you his directions in Encinitas when he goes there. I’ll be praying that if dad does divisions with the missionaries he’ll be chosen to do the baptismal ordinance. But it all depends if he gets baptized here or not, we’ll see.

Alright, so I’ll explain some of these pictures, the scorpion we found in an investigators house and we killed it with a lighter and hair spray .

Last night we kind of fried out and I spent an hour learning how to weave palm fronds and I’m pretty excited because I learned how to do it all on my own! Some of those pictures are of me cutting up palm fronds with a machete and making cool, useful stuff like that shield, club, and I also learned how to make rope, ya I’m pretty cool.

I don’t know if I ever told you but we now pretty much have a pet cat. One day it just kind of wandered in the house from the street and now it won’t leave. There’s a picture of it, we named her Pepita. Last night she climbed through a broken window while I was sleeping and jumped in my hammock with me, it scared the crud out of me!

Also, wasps keep on flying in our house to make a nest in one of our light fixtures, but it’s ok because they keep on flying into the swirling blades of our ceiling fan and we swat them with our sandals when they get too close. It’s kind of fun.

I’m out of time,
Smith out



















































No comments:

Post a Comment