Monday, October 31, 2011

All right I’m just going to tell you from the get go right now I don’t care how hard you thought your mission was the area of Kulkucan would definitely beat it in terms of physical and mental strain. My body has never been in worse shape before. I’m pretty sure during my time here I’ve lost over 30 pounds, when before I was already very skinny. I really do walk like 16 miles everyday, which would be good exercise if I were well enough nourished to sustain walking like that.

One of the things I’ve noticed is that the missionaries who are teaching a lot and have success, are probably a lot fatter because they get to sit down and teach, but that’s why I’m so flippin skinny, every appointment we have always falls through, and I have to walk another half marathon to find the next. I don’t think our investigators realize how far we just walked to their house, for them to smooth talk their way out of having to talk to us. I kind of wish everyone here was just honest and would tell us in the beginning that they do not want to talk to us and not lie and say, ¨"Oh for sure come back tomorrow I really want to hear what you have to say"

Because of the hurricane that hit Cancun we had elders from there, stay at our house, and they told us our area should be like 3 areas.

I think I’m mostly just really bitter because this last week I got ridiculously sick with a fever of like 103 with the worst chills I’ve ever had. I had the choice between hammock, or broken spring bed, and when you’re uncomfortably sick they’re both pretty rough. Vomit and diarrhea all the time those last 3 days.
Elder Smith

Tell every one I really do love them.


























Washing clothes!




No comments:

Post a Comment