Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wesley's 10th Letter (8-23-11)

Bievendidos de Merida! It’s crazy, right now I’m writing this letter in some lady’s make shift internet cafe and it’s pouring out side!

So, here’s the story, I landed in Merida at 7 last night. We slept in the mission home in hammocks, which was almost ok but the ac was on full blast and I was right under it so I froze my butt off last night.

It was pretty crazy, the Mission President said that there won’t be any points were we sleep on beds because its just too hot!

So, now I have my own hammock. It’s pretty humid.

Here are the facts; I’m in the area Kukulkan just on the outskirts of Merida. It’s a nice mix of urban and jungle.

My new companion is Elder Bautista from Hidalgo, Mexico and he’s pretty sweet. He sure makes me feel like a gringo. Just today I think I only spoke 2 words of English. I think I’ll be pretty much fluent by the end of this transfer.

Good news I guess, this is the highest baptizing area in the mission, so I’m pretty excited for that!

My mission president’s full name is Netzahualcoyotl Vesalles Salinas. He’s pretty cool. He hasn’t spoken one word in English but I can under stand about every thing he says.

The transfer meeting we had was bitter sweet because I got to meet my new companion, but had to say goodbye to the old one.

Elder Wadsworth is going to be serving in Chitzanitza. I’m not sure how to spell it but he’s there all right. I miss him and his ability to speak English.

I’ve always heard the first transfer is the hardest so I’m not too worried.

Because I can’t email friends please only send me "dear elders" or letters and I’ll send you one back.

Next time I write letters I’m going to send all my photos too. I would have today but I still need to unpack stuff.

I don’t have much more time so I’m going to cut it. I really do miss all of you SSSSSOOOOOO MUCH!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment