Monday, July 25, 2011

Wesley's 4th letter (July 15, 2011)

HOLA.

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful letters and "dear elders" I’ve been getting, all those drawings from the primary kids were awesome! And thanks for those packages. I love the photo book I got. I really do love reading about every thing that’s going on in the real world, we don’t hear any news, I’m pretty sure an atomic war could have started and we wouldn’t hear about it. I’m not gonna front, as awesome as sitting in the class room is I would kind of rather be in the mission field. But I’m still happy as I am. I have a lot of time to just ponder things. Now I’m like super profound and stuff, honestly after spending so much time with no distractions. I think this generation is going to be a lot more learned in terms of receiving information from the internet, but a lot less wise, because they have too many distractions, and don’t go out and experience the real world.

But sitting in a classroom for 16 hours every day is kind of unbecoming of wisdom also haha. But it has been helping my Spanish, every time you think your getting better at the language they throw some sort of new rule at us that completely undoes every thing we’ve learned, but I’m still doing pretty decent at it.

So, I forgot to tell you last week that I’m in an expirament group and we have a completely different curriculum than any other missionaries have had, so they are going to see how we do it the field. For instance, the teachers rarely spoke English even on the first day. On the second day we had to teach an investigator in Spanish while barely knowing any. We always have at least three progressive investigators (teachers pretending to be some one from their mission) who don’t speak English and they don’t speak English to explain Spanish grammatical rules, which is pretty frustrating.

2 nights ago we did our first annual tie trading convention, and I got to trade 3 of my missionary mall ties for cooler ties now I have some diversity in my collection and depending on what mood I’m in now I have a tie that matches it!

Ever since I’ve been here I’ve already lost a lot of muscle mass and that’s kind of a bummer. But any ways I’ve been playing soccer every day for gym time, and I’m pretty bad still but I’m learning. I kind of want it to be my sport when I’m older. Oh yeah, I’m the champ at the shuffle board game but its like no big deal.

Sorry, I can’t really think of any thing else to say so this is this weeks news letter, wish there were more exciting things in the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment