Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wesley's Letter 5-7-12

Whelp what’s up family and friends,

Guess what? This Mothers day I’ll be able to talk again by phone so if you’re in Encinitas and miss your buddy Wes, then head on over to my house at I think about 2:00 this Sunday and we’ll be able to chat and it’ll be super sweet. I’ll be here at the local Mormon chapel waiting for my parent's call at 4:00pm Campeche time and this time I should be able to talk for a little longer, so if your even just a friend it’ll be chill to talk.

Ok, whelp I’ll just let you know that while I was writing this letter the power here shut down. Pretty annoying but it’s ok I’ll just let you know that the May heat just hit here in Champoton like a brick wall. This is by far the most uncomfortably warm I’ve ever been in my life! This area is a little bigger than it probably looks, but that might just be because we walk everywhere and don’t have bikes.

Alright, seeing as how Josh got his mission call to here, I thought I’d just give him the rundown on the basic stuff he should have in mind while he is preparing to leave. TAKE EVERY ONE OF THESE TIPS SERIOUSLY, because you’ll die of heat if you don’t haha!

Alright Josh, here’s the DL- go and buy all of your missionary clothes at Missionary Mall. All their stuff is guaranteed for 2 years and it’s likely most of your stuff will be ruined in the first, also because Missionary Mall stuff is designed to breath in humid conditions. Also, buy the bag my parents bought me. Ask them about it. It’s by far the best bag I’ve seen for this mission and the most comfortable.

Ya that’s the first super hint.

Next hint:
You will be sleeping in a hammock for the next two years, but don’t worry you’ll get used to it and it’s not that bad. You actually can’t sleep in a bed because it’s too hot. The first week you get here go and buy a giant hammock. The best and cheapest ones are from prisons so go and talk to the Bishop in your first area and see if there is anyone in the ward that makes hammocks.

Next hint:
Go and study your Spanish and learn to speak it with an accent because you can speak Spanish fluently and perfectly but if your pronunciation is bad no one will understand you.

Next hint:
Write down you’re friend’s mailing addresses if you want to write to them. That’s something I never did and I wish I had.

Next hint:
Make sure you don’t go home early from the mission. I promise it’ll be the biggest mistake of you’re life. The first few months of your mission, I’m not going to lie, will probably be the hardest of your entire life but be patient and I promise it’ll get easier. There’s nothing more rewarding than serving a mission. At least you’ll be arriving when everything will be cooling off here in October.

Next hint:
Cherish your time with the Mexican companions because that’s when you’ll learn the most Spanish and the more Spanish you know the easier it’ll be here.

Next hint:
I encourage you to look up the mission on Google Earth and study the names and everything. I promise the Maya will shock you but believe it or not Maya is actually easier to learn if you already speak English than it is for Spanish speakers.

Ya, those are my hints for right now. I’m all outta time. If you want more specific answers send me a letter on paper because then I’ll have more time to think and write about exactly what you need to bring.

Hope to hear from all of you this Sunday.

Smith Out









































No comments:

Post a Comment