Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wesley's Letter 2-11-13

Sup guys,

Good news, I brought the cable today so I’ll send some pics.

Whelp the good news is that we’ve got a sweet market right down the street, so I’ve been learning how to really cook these last few days. It turns out cooking is actually a very simple and easy thing to do. This last week I learned how to cook legit burgers, straight up in n out in Motul.

Yep, also just to explain some of these pictures, there’s one of me and my comp Elder Torrentera holding the championship belt of Itzimna Zone, basically me and my kid rock so we’ve held on to it for the last 3 weeks straight. But you know whatever.

Another is of when Santos and Leonardo got baptized last week, which was a pretty spiritual baptism. We ended up giving them ties and hymn books as congrats gifts.

There’s a picture of me and Elder Torrentera walking the long road from Kaxatha.

Quick fun fact Maya is actually a very vulgar language, in their idiomatic phrases they use crude objects to express normal things. You can see 2 old women talking together about innocent things and if you translated it directly to English the translation would sound like drunk sailor talk. Anyways, I recently found out the translation of what Kaxatha means in Maya, Kaxa means "hold on to" and that means "poop" so roughly translated it means "hold your poop."

Pretty much the rest are just pictures of Motul.

Later.

Much love ya,
Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment